4/23/13

Death and Taxes.

Two years ago this week I wrote a post aptly titled "The Wizard" during a time when I had to face some of lifes harder choices.... should I stay or should I go? Should I try to attempt an implausable feat?

It was April 2011 and I was uprooting my career, my friends, a business partnership, and my familiar day to day life, seemingly at the drop of a hat to try and start a new life. I searched for some form of guidance or a sign. Though when faced with uncertainty of whats next to come, I always find myself asking, "What would my big brother do?" This approach has led me to a rather interesting life, but a full and satisfying one.

April has easily won the title of "My least favorite of the 12 months." contest for 17 years running. And this April is really not getting any easier.  I use to dread it and try to hide, maybe sometimes I still approach it that way.


What's April deal anyway? I mean, it starts off with a practical joke holiday, "April Fools day" the very 1st thing. Welcome to the party... what are you? In 8th grade still? Then, right smack in the middle of April is Tax day.... Super funny. But April to me will always be the anniversary of a period of time when my brother Elias and I hung out and got along, it was a fleeting moment, as he passed way before his time on April 27th 1996.

I took the way he did live his life and especially last days as my guiding light. 2 yrs ago I did drop everything and moved to Utah. I didn't know at the time, but the new life I would be starting was that of our daughter Rosaline Jean Black. I see a lot of her Uncle Elias in not only her appearance, but her personality and mannerisms. Most people would say they are mine, but where do you think I learned them from?

This ones for you Eli
"In Memory of your Uncle Elias Black"


A few other reasons April is the shittiest Month. And if your wondering what month came runner up in "My least favorite of the 12 months." contest? the next in the alphabet... August.




15 Historic Events That Prove April Is The Worst Month Ever



Start of The Civil War: April 12th 1861
Abraham Lincoln Shot: April 14th 1865
Hitler Born: April 20th 1889
San Francisco Earthquake: April 18th 1906
Titanic Sinks: April 15th 1912
Failed Bay of Pigs Invasion: April 20th 1961
Martin Luther King Jr. Assassinated: April 4th 1968
Chernobyl: April 26th 1986
Start of Bosnian War: April 4th 1992
Waco: April 19th 1993
Kurt Cobain Suicide: April 5th 1994
Oklahoma City Bombing: April 19th 1995
Columbine: April 20th 1999
Virginia Tech Shooting: April 16th 2007
BP Oil Spill Disaster: April 20th 2010



No comments:

Post a Comment