12/30/11

Silver and Gold.... and I suppose diamonds too.

I like good music. It comforts me. It motivates me. It is my companion on long lonely 10 hr drives in the middle of the night from Salt Lake City to Anthem AZ  to drive a buddies car for $149 just to drop it off and catch another ride back to SLC in a 21 hr time period. Yeah, you need good music and lots of Red Bull for that.

My idea of good music is probably far different from yours, but you know it's good when words give you chills and the beat makes you slap your thigh as you drive and you don't even know that your doing it till half way through the song. It moves you... you absorb it. You relate to it like it was written for you specifically.

Before my drive I down loaded a album from City and Colour, "Little Hell" Which was my best decision I have had recently. It made me think a lot, ( not that my brain ever shuts off) trying to manage my hectic life, relationships, running a business, and preparing to have my 1st child in 2 short months.  It made me think a lot about life and pecking orders of what the hell is ultimately important or not... social classes, self worth, happiness, others happiness. etc... One song in particular sums it all up, but then still leaves you in the unknown. Which at 31.71428 years old,  I still find myself living day to day. Does anyone really know what they are doing? Just when I think I figure it out and am about to get the cheese another door or corridor leads me to a trap just like that crappy board game.


I am going to leave you with some amazing song lyrics for you to ponder upon:

Last night a dreamt that they dropped a bomb, oh the seas ran dry and the winds had calmed.

The skyscrapers fell and crumbled to dust, their skeletons of steel were covered in rust.

And everything I loved, and feared. Had all at once, disappeared.

The colors were drained, straight from the sky. And nothing living had survived.

Mountains were merely removed from the earth, and Silver and Gold, had lost all it's worth.

And everything I loved, and feared. Had all at once, disappeared.

Oh everything I loved, and feared. Had all at once, disappeared.

I woke from the dream in a cold, cold sweat. I was full of doubt, and deep regret.

For suddenly it was all so clear to me  there was nothing left in which to believe.

And everything I loved, and feared. Had all at once, disappeared.

Oh everything I loved, and feared. Had all at once, disappeared.




 I will be a father figure in 2 short months.

No comments:

Post a Comment